Salad can be quite an inviting dish when you bring in a number of colorful vegetables and fruits, including radishes, beets, squash, cucumbers and carrots.
This particular spinach salad, made by the folks over at Good Eggs, is representative of that beauty. Top with pumpkin seeds, otherwise known as pepitas, which are rich in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, and copper. Two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds alone can give you around a quarter of your magnesium, which is a vital mineral to reduce stress, aid in sleep, and reduce sugar cravings.
Spinach salad with shaved vegetables and pumpkin seeds
15 minutes | 2 servings | vegan
- 4 ounces spinach
- 2 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow or red beet, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
1. Place spinach and vegetables in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste.